Chateau On The Park, Christchurch
30 July-1 August, 2019
Join us in Christchurch from the evening of 30 July for the Silver Fern Farms 2019 Farmer Conference.
Our customer needs and your farming future are constantly changing and so too is Silver Fern Farms. We are committed to becoming the most sustainable grass-fed red meat company in the world. We want to support you and to make the most of the respect, care, and passion Silver Fern Farmers put into growing our product, protecting our environment, caring for your animals and supporting our communities.
Please join us at Chateau On The Park in Christchurch from 30th July – 1st August for our third annual Farmer Conference where you will hear from a range of top speakers about how we are striving to make all the difference to your future success on the world stage by connecting you plate-to-pasture.
The conference programme begins on Tuesday evening with a social BBQ and the finals of our national boning competition. Wednesday 31st is a full day at the conference and ends with an exceptional Gala dinner. The third and final day of the conference programme gives you the choice between a tour of our Belfast plant or a tour of the Cross Brothers Farm in Pemberley.
Our conference programme includes:
- Hearing from the Minister for Agriculture, Biosecurity and Food Safety - Damien O'Connor
- Understanding the opportunity for growth in the Chinese market with guest speakers Richard Lee and Mandy Zhang from Unifoods who have specialised in meat distribution to the China market for 20 years.
- Learning from experts in their fields in various break-out sessions:
- What’s the Buzz? US and NZ consumer trends shaping the future of red meat.
- Re-imagining Our Supply Chain – unlocking the value of ‘Digital’
- Silver Fern Farms Sustainable Chain of Care – building trust through integrity and transparency
- The Gala Dinner which will be held at the Airforce Museum, Wigram where a unique food experience will celebrate our natural, grass-fed, 100% Made of New Zealand red meat.
The conference is free for Silver Fern Farms shareholders and suppliers.
Travel and Accommodation
While the conference and gala dinner are free to Silver Fern Farms Farmer Partners, flights and accommodation will be at your own cost. To make this easier for attendees, we have partnered with accommodation providers in Christchurch to offer discounted accommodation rates.
Chateau on the Park a Double Tree by Hilton
Chateau on the Park - Christchurch, a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel is designed to provide a tranquil, resort-like stay. The 5-acre property – boasting a moat, a vineyard and a beautiful rose garden – makes our Christchurch, New Zealand hotel feel secluded.
For Silver Fern Farms preferential rates click here. Alternatively you can call reservations on 03-348 8999 and be sure to quote rate code GSILVF.
Towers on the Park
Towers on the Park offers comfortable modern accommodation with free Wi-Fi and digital satellite TV. All rooms receive daily servicing and include private off-street parking and access to the guest laundry.
Each studio and apartment includes a refrigerator and tea/coffee making facilities. Some accommodation also offers a microwave and ironing facilities. Each offers a private bathroom with a shower. Some units also have a spa bath.